The Office of Risk Management and Insurance is responsible for identifying and analyzing potential areas of risk at the university. Once areas of risk are identified, we recommend how insurance should be handled, including who needs to carry the insurance, the type of insurance and the amount of coverage.

Our office purchases and maintains property and casualty (liability) insurance on behalf of the university. We also provide consultation on insurance matters and coverage needs, including contract insurance and student renters insurance.

Requests for Certificates of Insurance (COI)

Requests must be submitted in writing two weeks prior to the date the certificate is needed. Requests can be emailed to [email protected]. Please remember the following:

  • Include the name of the Certificate Holder (the organization requesting the certificate) in the e-mail subject of your requests. For example: COI Request/ WARNER THEATER.
  • Provide the name and address of the COI Holder and include a copy of the contractual agreement via e-mail.
  • If you have a copy of the expiring COI, please send that as well.

Sample Certificate of Insurance (PDF)